Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Best Valentine's Day Gift

On Friday, DB~ told me that she was going to pick me up at work at 5:30 for our Valentine's Day/Night activity.  At 5:30, she called and said she "didn't feel well" and that I should just come home.

When I got home, a fully prepared meal was waiting for me.  If you've read this blog...like, at all, you'll know that DB~ has many interests, but being in the kitchen is not one of them.  She put together a pretty challenging menu to boot.

The star of the night was this very creative little appetizer she came up with.  She made stuffed figs with a concoction of cream cheese and mint mashed together, then piped through a piping bag.  It was very artful and delicate.  I was quite impressed with her technique.



The main dinner were heart-shaped crab cakes and some sauteed vegetables.  She made me a twice-baked potato, which only after I raved about did she admit she bought at Market District.  But all the rest she made herself, finished off by a piped chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream.

Now that I know she can put together a multi-stage dinner, I'll be expecting her to do it more frequently.

Kidding.  I know you were probably chomping on gum and sweating the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment