Friday, March 28, 2014

Chicken Enchiladas


On Tuesday night, I made some Chicken Enchiladas for DB~ and I.  In each tortilla, I put a base drained, rinsed black beans.  Then I topped it with shredded chicken that I cooked in a skillet with salt, pepper, ancho chili powder, and the key ingredient of cumin.  I topped them off with some shredded cheese.

Once they were rolled and tucked tightly into an 8" x 8" baking dish, I topped them with a canned, red enchilada sauce.  On top of that, I added a generous amount of chopped green chiles.  I baked them in the oven at 400 for 25 minutes, enough to melt the cheese and get them hot, but not long enough to dry the sauce out.

I bedded the enchiladas on a sleeve of yellow rice.  I wish I had some sour cream to top them with when they came out, but otherwise they were fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment