Saturday, October 6, 2012

Diamond Market Grill


I took a vacation day on Friday.  I have some vacation time to burn and I'm getting a little burned out at work, too.  Even though it was my day off, I had two scheduled meetings downtown.  Between my 11 AM and 1 PM meeting, I was walking through Market Square and decided to pop into Diamond Market Grill for a quick bite.

The restaurant was packed, but I was able to find a seat at the bar.  The place reminds me of a cross between a 1950's diner and a diner you may find out in California somewhere.

I was in a little bit of a hurry, so I went with the California burger and ordered it "no pink".  Your other option is "pink" -- buncha commies, I guess.  My burger and fries came out relatively quickly, as a restaurant must do during lunch hour in Market Square in downtown Pittsburgh.

It had an avocado spread on the buns with sprouts erupting from every edge of the bun.  There was also a tomato-chipotle aioli on the perfectly-cooked burger.  But I also like my burgers medium-well, so the "no pink" was a great option for me.

The fries were a cousin of shoestring fries.  Not the ultra stringy fries like at Steak 'n Shake, say, but not a normal cut of fry.  They were quite good.  I wouldn't mind going back sometime when the restaurant isn't in full "turn and burn" mode, as I would like to try one of their shakes and something different on the menu.


No comments:

Post a Comment