Thursday, March 31, 2011

DBS Pizza Kitchen


My muse DB~ was coming up tonight for dinner, so I wanted to pull out the stops and do something a little different for her. I put a finger in the air to gauge the interest in a Mexican pizza. The prevailing winds said "yes".

Using the always handy Boboli crust, I spread a pico de gallo mix that I whipped up over the base. I diced up two small stem tomatoes, a chunk of white onion, and a healthy section of fresh cilantro. I squeezed a little fresh lemon juice over the mix just to try and convince spring time that it was OK to come out and play.

On top of the pico de gallo, I placed some cooked chicken chunks seasoned with Penzey's taco seasoning mix. On top of that I put a healthy dose of shredded Mexican cheese blend. DB~ loves avacados (and I have rapidly gained a taste for them too) so I filleted some paper thin slices to be placed on top once the pizza came out of the oven. I also added some shredded lettuce for some crunch.

The pizza was fantastic and is one that we will probably incorporate into the DBS Things To Make List on the side of my refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment