Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chicken Piccata



Last week, DB~ wanted something different for a chicken dish and suggested Chicken Piccata.  I found a recipe that was a variation on a basil-cream chicken dish that I already do.

I seasoned the chicken breasts with some salt and pepper and then dredged them in flour.  In a skillet over medium heat, I melted two tablespoons of butter and mixed in two tablespoons of olive oil.  Once blended, I added the chicken and browned each side for four minutes.

I removed the chicken and put it on a side plate, covering it with aluminum foil to retain the heat.  In the skillet, I melted one additional tablespoon of butter and added one cup of chicken stock, the juice of one fresh lemon, and 1/4 cup of rinsed capers.

I got this mix to a simmer, with the residual flour acting as a thickener, and blended everything together.  I then put the chicken back in the skillet and covered it with the sauce, cooking it for just three more minutes.

It had a nice flavor profile of the saltiness of the capers coupled with the sweetness of the lemon.  It was a good suggestion by DB~ and will probably be in the semi-regular food rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment