Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Thin Man Sandwich Shop

Seeking an alternative to the same old place for lunch, the IT guy and I went down to the Strip District today and checked out Thin Man Sandwich Shop.  I've had it in the back of my mind for a while since it opened earlier this year, but just never got around to it.

On the corner of 21st and Smallman (across the street from that church that you've probably walked by a ton of times), it has a very nice well-lit space.  I think they removed some of the walls and added extra windows.

The menu is artsy, gourmet, and eclectic.  When I woke up this morning, I didn't think I'd have a chance to have chicken liver mousse or skate wing or lamb sweetbreads as sandwich choices.  In the end, I went safe and chose The Smash.



It was goat cheese marinated chicken, avocado, alfalfa sprouts, and lemon pickled green onions.  The bread was a nice multi grained baguette.  The sandwich was $8.99 and it was a decent size, but I felt like it was a touch overpriced.  I feel like I'm getting old and crotchety, as it seems like every place I go I feel is overpriced by $1-3 per item.  I also could have used some chips or something.

The sandwich itself was very good, but I thought the onions were a little salty and took away from the sandwich.  I ordered first and got The Smash.  My friend got The Smash also, which made me regret not getting the excellent sounding Roast Beef.  Ordering regrets.

If DB~ and I go here on some Saturday after shopping the Strip, I'm sure she'll get the Roasted Butternut Squash and I'll get the Roast Beef.


No comments:

Post a Comment