Saturday, March 23, 2013

Zucchini Ricotta Boats and Avocado Parm Chicken



When DB~ and I have our food game clicking on all cylinders, it goes like this:
DB~ finds a recipe on Pinterest or the Internets
DB~ turns to me and says "Can you make this?"
I say "Sure.  I can make that."
Then I anxiously try to figure out how to make it

And so last week, she found a picture on Pinterest of these zucchinis topped with basil and tomato. I couldn't exactly remember if they were stuffed with ricotta, but I figured that would probably taste good.

So I cut a zucchini in half lengthwise, then scooped out the interior zucchini.  I diced that zucchini up and mixed it with some ricotta.  After that was blended, I added some garlic salt and rosemary to the bowl.  This mix was then re-stuffed into the green vessels and topped with chiffonaded basil and tomato slices.

I baked these for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.  DB~ is always complementary of my cooking, but I figure the first time she says it is because she wants me to keep cooking so that she doesn't have to.  (Kidding.  Kinda.).  But she legitimately liked these as she told me 2 times during dinner how good they were.  I'm sure I'll be trotting this recipe out on future dinner guests.

I paired the Zucchini Boats with another Pinterest picture she showed me of Avocado Parmesan Chicken.  There's not really anything super exotic here...I double breaded chicken breasts, first with an egg wash then a flour dredge (seasoned with sundried tomato seasoning), followed by egg and seasoned bread crumbs.

I baked this (first, before the zucchini) for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes, I took it out and topped it with avocado slices and then parmesan cheese and baked it for 15 more minutes.  The avocados, near-literally, melted in our mouths when we ate them.

I'm not sure if these were the tastiest dishes I ever made, but they sure were the prettiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment