Wednesday, June 27, 2012

¡Tostada!

This Monday was Mexican night at the DBS household. Instead of doing the same ol' thing of hard or soft tacos or burritos, I picked up some small corn tostada shells at Giant Eagle. I used a Mole paste that I bought a while back (all the writing is in Spanish, which I can't read) to make some Mole Chicken breasts.

I diced that up to put on the tostadas. Also during the prep, I pureed some black beans and added a touch of garlic and cumin. To the base tostada, I smeared some black bean puree on the shell and added some shredded Mexican cheese blend. I stacked another tostada (with black beans to hold the toppings in place) on top of that and put the chicken on that tostada with some shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.

Finally, I stacked a 3rd tostada on top (with black beans) and added more shredded cheese, lettuce, and green onions. The only thing that was missing was some sour cream that I forgot to buy. It was nice to have a change of pace and break up the standard taco night.

No comments:

Post a Comment