Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chicago - Total Surprise Trip

So I have the best wife ev-ah.  A couple of weeks ago, DB~ asked me to take off Friday the 11th so that we could do some fun stuff around town and then leave early for a weekend trip to my family's vacation home outside of Deep Creek, MD.  We had been planning this for a couple of months, so I said no problem.

Last Thursday night, we were going to go to one of her work friend's birthday dinner at Bahama Breeze in Robinson Township.  Or so I thought.  When we got to the IKEA exit on the Parkway, she blew right past it.  I said "You missed the exit", to which she said, "I know a better way."

Once we got to the split for Business 60/Main 60, I figured out that there was no birthday dinner and we were actually headed to the airport.  Apparently, the whole birthday dinner and weekend trip to MD was part of an elaborate ruse to fool me.  In reality, we were going to Chicago for a getaway weekend.

I'll be putting together at least 2 posts about Chicago, one for each of the restaurants we went to.  That will be later this week, but in the meantime I just wanted to say for the thousandth time "You are the best."

No comments:

Post a Comment