Monday, April 9, 2012

Seriously -- $4 Per Gallon and Rising?!

Each trip to Getgo becomes more and more depressing. This time I didn't have any FuelPerks to use so I had to pay $3.99 per gallon of gas. It cost me $56 to fill up my car. Another part of me died inside.

The odd thing is that I'm not hearing a lot of rabble-ribble on the street about this depressing turn of events. It's almost like people are resigned to the fact that there is nothing they can do about it.

The sad thing is that this is not war-related or supply and demand related. This is simply due to market forces causing oil speculation. Large players are manipulating the oil futures market for their own monetary gain, at the expense of the rest of the United States.

These are the same filthy animals who manipulated the mortgage market through derivatives. Is there no pride for these people in what they will stoop to do to ruin lives? I really try to stick to baseball, food, and Pittsburgh on this blog (and I realize how super preachy this post is), but it's something that is very frustrating and I can't believe it's not getting more Main Street run.

Gas prices are expected to be $5/gallon in the summertime. If the Justice Department and Congress have some spare time on their hands for a witch hunt, I mean investigation, why not look into this?

Or should we wait until there is just complete and utter devestation and sift through the detritus of society?

No comments:

Post a Comment