Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cheddar Chicken

DB~ found a great recipe this week for a simple chicken dish, perfect for a mid-week meal. She found it on a website called Real Simple and it's called Cheddar Chicken.

I used 4 small chicken tenderloins for this recipe. First I crushed up 16 Ritz crackers, which was about 3/4 cup. I then put the crushed Ritz crackers into a bowl with 6 oz of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and 1 clove of garlic diced up. All of these ingredients were mixed and tossed together.

I dipped the tenderloins in an egg bath and then rolled each one in the Ritz cracker/cheese mix. I pressed the remnants of the mix on to each side of each tenderloin.

I baked the chicken at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. The cheese was bonded to the Ritz, so there was a crunch to it on the outside with the cheese not completely melted, yet still nice and smooth when eaten. The garlic, salt and pepper were mixed into each bit of the cracker and cheese when I tossed them together.

I served this with some fresh aspargus and a risotto mix that DB~ got from Trader Joes'. This recipe was definitely a keeper. Next time I might do a few more crackers to get an even better crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment