Monday, February 21, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Nachos - thanks to my sister


Within my post about Le Cordon Bleu, I mentioned how great of a chef my sister is (and my brother-in-law, too). Yesterday, DB~ and I went over to my sister's house for my nephew's birthday dinner. We were greeted by two things: 1) My dad grabbing The Squiggle and taking her out to his car to fix his Bluetooth and 2) these gorgeously presented Buffalo Chicken Nachos.

I've made some kick-ass nachos in my day, but the level of preparation and presentation was restaurant quality. My sister made some chicken with Quaker Steak and Lube sauce (and then topped it was Tabasco hot sauce). She placed the chicken on top of the nachos, added blue cheese crumbles, diced celery, and a few strands of cheddar cheese for color.

Then she finished it off by taking a butane torch to the whole plate to slightly melt the cheese and give the slightest char to the chips themselves.

This is to say nothing of the wonderfully tender pot roast with fingerling potatoes and carrots. Oh, and then she made her own puff pastries from scratch and topped them with vanilla ice cream and melted dark chocolate. Good Sunday meal. Thanks, DB Sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment